This Personal Information Collection Policy (the “Policy”) sets out our practices with respect to the handling of your Personal Data (as hereinafter defined).
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” in this Policy is intended to refer to Mammut Sports Group Asia Limited (“Mammut”), a company incorporated under the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region with Certificate Number 66634376-001-09-18-4.
This Policy applies to all Personal Data collected by us. This Policy refers solely to navigation on our website www.mammut.com.hk (the “Website”) and will not apply where we display or link to other websites, pages or Internet portals by third parties with different privacy policies. By visiting and using Website or any application that we make available from time to time or by visiting a Mammut store for the purchase or sampling of products or for interacting with our content and/or services or by contacting our Customer Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy.
This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which to any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time without notice. We therefore recommend you to check its content regularly.
This Policy is made in the English language. In the event this Policy is also published in another language and there is any inconsistency or discrepancy, the English version shall prevail.
We hereby commit to take all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your personally identifiable information, including, without limitation, your name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and any information collected by cookies (“Personal Data”) and to comply with applicable laws, including the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of Hong Kong. In case of dispute, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Hong Kong.
- Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data:
– at the time you join the Mammut Membership Club, whether in an Mammut store or on the Website;
– when you register as “Guest” on the Website; and/or
– when you wish to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
– when you submit an application form or other forms relating to any of our products and services;
– when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our services;
– when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
– when you purchase or obtain third-party services through us;
– when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
– when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events at our premises;
– when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
– when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
– when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
– when we seek information from third-parties about you in connection with the products and services you have applied for; and
– when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
We may also ask you to supply additional Personal Data from time to time thereafter.
You are not obliged to provide us with Personal Data but if you fail to do so, you may not be able to become or, as the case may be, to remain, a member of the Mammut Membership Club and/or to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
- Purpose and use of Personal Data
We will use the Personal Data collected from you:
– for direct marketing and promotion through different formats (such as, without limitation, electronic emails, SMS, phone calls or mails) regarding our products (including, without limitation, apparel, footwear and other Mammut branded products), and also for member events, news, special promotions and services in relation to the Mammut brand and products;
– for market research to improve the Website and our product range;
– to allow you to (i) become or, as the case may be, remain, a member of the Mammut Membership Club and enjoy the related benefits, and/or to (ii) use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website;
– for offering, selling and distributing related products and services;
– for processing and implementing your purchase orders and related payment instructions;
– for opening, maintenance and administration of your service accounts and records;
– for communicating with you including handling your requests and enquiries; about our products and services, events and marketing promotion;
– for facilitating us in providing and enhancing our products and services, including designing and providing products and services that may better meet your personal preferences and interests; and
– for any other purposes incidental or directly related to the above as permitted by applicable laws, including in circumstances where: (i) it is necessary to provide or fulfil a service requested by or for you; (ii) you have given us your express consent; or (iii) it is necessary for one or more of the following legitimate interests pursued by Mammut.
You can refuse to receive marketing and promotion materials from us by checking the suitable box (opt-out) in the relevant application form and, at any time after registration, by opting out as may be indicated in said materials or by contacting our customer service.
- Transfer of Personal Data
We will not disclose or transfer your Personal Data without your prior consent to any third parties other than:
– the other companies in the Mammut group (including joint ventures) globally, including associated companies or subsidiaries of Mammut Sports Group Asia Limited incorporated in Hong Kong or Mammut Sports Group Limited incorporated in Switzerland (the “Other MAMMUT Companies”);
– our authorized third-party contractors or service providers and those of the Other MAMMUT Companies who sell or promote Mammut products and services or perform other functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, and carrying out promotional services or data management as permitted by applicable laws or with your consent, such as, without limitation, the contractors in charge of the storage and/or processing of Personal Data; and
– any person or entity when required by law, a court order or by any government, regulatory or administrative authorities.
Therefore you acknowledge that your Personal Data may be transferred to jurisdictions outside of Hong Kong, in particular, without limitation, to Switzerland.
- Processing of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be stored and processed through electronic and automated means directly by us, by the Other MAMMUT Companies, by our authorized third-party contractors or service providers and/or by those of the Other MAMMUT Companies.
- Security, retention and removal of Personal Data
Reasonable efforts will be made by us to:
– ensure to safeguard and keep your Personal Data in a secured way; and
– ensure that your Personal Data can only be accessed by our employees, those of the Other MAMMUT Companies, those of our authorized third-party contractors or service providers and those of the Other MAMMUT Companies.
However, complete security cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that the provision of Personal Data to us is made at your own risk. To the extent permissible by applicable law, we are not responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages arising out of or further to the provision of Personal Data by you to us.
As long as you do not request the deletion of your Personal Data by contacting our customer service, your Personal Data will be kept as required to fulfill the purposes defined in paragraph 2.
You shall be aware that should you request us to delete your Personal Data, you will not be able to remain a member of the MAMMUT Membership Club and/or to continue to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
- Accuracy of Personal Data
When providing us with Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you are using your actual identity. Your Personal Data shall be true, accurate, current and complete in all respects as at the time of provision. We will not be liable for any error that may result in your submission of incorrect information.
If you are under the age of 18, you must provide us with a written authorization from your parent or guardian in order to join the MAMMUT Membership Club, to register as “Guest” on the Website or and/or to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
It is your responsibility to inform us and request correction in case of change to your Personal Data held by us.
- Access and correction/change to Personal Data
You have the right to request access and correction/change to your Personal Data at any time. Depending on the type of Personal Data and on whether you are a member of the MAMMUT Membership Club or not, you can request access and correct/change certain of your Personal Data by logging-in to your account on the Website. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service.
We may, at our own discretion, charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any request of access, correction/change or removal of Personal Data made to our Customer Service.
- Customer Service
You can contact our Customer Service:
– via email to email@example.com;
– via phone at +852-29516409, from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays in Hong Kong), between 10 am and 5 pm. Please note that calls may be recorded in order to enable us to better serve our customers, for quality assurance purposes and to ensure an accurate record relevant to any transaction under our terms.
If any of the provisions of this Policy is deemed to be invalid, illegal, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites.
– enabling certain features and functions on our Website, eg. remembering your user-id ID, favourite channel selections, browsing and other preferences;
– building up a profile of how you and other users use the Website;
– improving the efficiency of the Website;
– establishing usage statistics.
Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies (please see the “help” section of your browser), but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the Website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Advertisements on the Website may be provided by third-party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. We do not control these third parties and their cookie policies and if you have questions about their cookie policies, please contact us and we will try our best to assist by providing you information about these third-party advertising agencies.
We ate not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third-party websites linked to Website.
- Governing law
This Policy and your use of the Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Hong Kong.